The project team shall be responsible for the overall system aspects of IMT, collaborating with WG FM on the IMT satellite elements;
For the terrestrial component of IMT the project team shall further:
1. facilitate the development of IMT, both globally and at the CEPT level;
2. consider the designation and frequency arrangements for spectrum, identified for IMT in the Radio Regulations and:
· develop appropriate ECC Deliverables, applying to the use of the 3.4-3.6 GHz and 790-862 MHz bands, identified for IMT at WRC-07;
· address also the band 3.6-3.8 GHz for IMT;
· review the existing ECC Decisions on IMT-2000/IMT and take action as appropriate;
· develop appropriate ECC Deliverables on border coordination.
3. consider the sharing and compatibility issues in support of the work under item 2:
· develop appropriate ECC Recommendations and Reports;
· update existing ERC/ECC Recommendations and Reports on IMT-2000/IMT as appropriate.
4. co-ordinate positions on IMT for input to relevant ITU groups including:
· the ITU process for the development of IMT-Advanced;
· development of compatibility studies for additional frequency band identified for IMT at WRC-07 (Except issues dealt with under WRC-11, AI 1.17);
· development of frequency arrangements for additional frequency bands identified for IMT at WRC-07;
5. contribute to or lead the preparation of responses to relevant EC Mandates related to IMT matters as appropriate;
6. liaise with ETSI and other relevant bodies dealing with standardisation;
7. on request from CPG contribute to the preparation of CEPT positions for WRCs and other relevant fora;
8. seek, where appropriate, contributions and assistance from and work collaboratively with relevant ECC subordinate bodies and the Office.
Note: ECC PT1 Terms of Reference is to be reviewed by end of 2010.